July 29, 2007

Animated Sculptie Sculptures & A New Video Series

- by Magellan Egoyan



Check out the animated sculptures that Vlad Bjornson has developed using a special process. For those who are technically inclined, he provides details of the method used in the "Building Tips" Forum under the heading "Animation of sculpties". For those of us struggling to make sense of how to work with sculpties and get elegant results from our efforts, Vlad's method represents a gift from heaven.

Also, for those of you interested in my video series, I have begun a second series, called "Second Life Geography". In some ways, I view Second Life as a whole as a kind of work of art, and just as I find it interesting and useful to explore the work of bona fide artists within Second Life, I believe the place as a whole warrants the same kind of attention. My first video in the series is Second Life Geography - An Overview. I did actually manage to slip in a few artistic references, since my maps are annoted with the location of several galleries :)

No comments: